This is a Procumbens i had in the ground for about 10 or so years. Been in the plastic tub for about 2 years re establishing vigor since the transplant. Finally after staring at this mass of foliage long enough I started to slowly but surely thin out and select what stayed and what went. It has every single branch wired on the tree and took nearly 3 full days…. I wont repot until Spring, so sorry I can’t show it finished in its final pot. Sorry about the picture quality as they were just done with my iPhone.
This Juniper just started to burst bud yesterday, so took on the 2 man job with just myself of repotting this big guy. Certainly the biggest tree I’ve potted myself and certainly could have done with another set of hands. After I winched it up from a beam in my potting shed, I managed to remove about 80% of the old red soil without too much root disturbance. 3/4 filled a brickies barrow, (so that’s why it was so damn heavy) with the soil and then was able to lift it off the hooks and see it in the pot for angles and depth. After an hour of careful placement of all the roots…. I kept ALL the roots intact, and wired the rootball firmly into the pot and started working soil mix in everywhere until firm and full. The pot has plenty of room for more root growth and it should go on from strength to strength now it’s out of straight soil and into a good free draining mix.